Phase III (1810–31)

After Jefferson’s retirement from the presidency and the completion of Monticello II in 1809, the dairy, smokehouse, and wash house moved to the newly completed South Terrace wing while other buildings on Mulberry Row were added, torn down, or re-purposed. Free and enslaved workers produced goods in Jefferson’s workshops when trade embargoes during the War of 1812 restricted imports. 

Back to map of Phase III, Monticello and Mulberry Row (1810-1831)Phase III Buildings

Tags

None
Login or register to tag items

Add comment

Login to post comments