Fair Use Guidelines
The contents of this site are for personal, educational, non-commercial use only. Unless otherwise noted, all original contents of this site are copyrighted by the Thomas Jefferson Foundation. Transmission or reproduction in any format of protected items beyond purposes allowed by 'fair use' is prohibited without the written permission of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation. Permission to use all images and content not copyrighted by the Thomas Jefferson Foundation must be obtained from the copyright owner independently of the Foundation.
Commercial Use Guidelines
Guidelines and requests for non-fair use of images on this site or in the Foundation's archives can be found at: http://www.monticello.org/press/requests.
The Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc., owner and operator of Monticello, does not sell or rent the names and addresses of the members of the online community to any for-profit company or organization. The Foundation does, from time to time, share the names and addresses of the members of the online community with other not-for-profit charitable arts and cultural organizations for the purpose of promoting programs, events, exhibitions or membership. The Foundation may share non-personal, summary or aggregate customer geographical data with partners or other third parties. If you prefer to have your name removed from the shared lists, please contact Monticello at http://www.monticello.org/site/about/contact-us or by U.S. mail at P.O. Box 316, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
Disclosure Statement for the Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc.
A description of how to obtain financial and other information about Thomas Jefferson Foundation can be found here.
Guide to citing sources found on this Web site.
For an introduction on citing Web sites please consult the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers or sections 27 and 28 of this helpful guide by Professor Diana Hacker: http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/resdoc5e/.
Information specific to this Web site:
- Author's Name: Noted on page, if available. May also be listed in meta tags, which are viewable by using your browser's "Reveal Codes" or "View Source" function.
- Title: Printed in Green lettering just below breadcrumb trail and accessible in <title> tags, which are viewable by using your browser's "Reveal Codes" or "View Source" function.
- Site Name: Monticello, Home of Thomas Jefferson.
- Date of publication or last update: If not otherwise noted on page, use February 2003. May also be listed in meta tags, which are viewable by using your browser's "Reveal Codes" or "View Source" function.
- Sponsor of site: Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc.
- URL: Accessible in your browser's address bar. Also, when this site's "Print this Page" is invoked, the page's URL is listed at bottom.
Stanton, Lucia C. "Was Jefferson a Vegetarian?"
Monticello, Home of Thomas Jefferson. January 1998.
Thomas Jefferson, Foundation, Inc. November 25, 2003