Lewis and Clark Plants at Monticello
- Flowering Pea
- Columbian Lily (possibly Fritillaria pudica)
- Snowberry (Symphoricarpos albus)
- Golden currant (Ribes aureum)
- Sweetscented currant (Ribes odoratum)
- Arikara bean (Phaseolus vulgaris)
- Salsify (Tragopogon?)
- Corn ("Pani," possibly Mandan corn)
- Cornett, Peggy. "'Peculiar to the Countries They Visited:' The Horticultural Potential of Lewis and Clark Plants." Twinleaf 15 (2003): 17-20.
- Curtis, Paul Russell. Lewis and Clark: Pioneering Naturalists. University of Nebraska Press, 1989, Appendix B.
- Hatch, Peter J. "'Public Treasures:' Thomas Jefferson and the Garden Plants of Lewis and Clark." Twinleaf 15 (2003): 9-15. http://www.twinleaf.org/articles/treasures.html.
- Look for sources in the Thomas Jefferson Portal