New at the Jefferson Library
The following is a running list of new items received at the Jefferson Library. For a full list of acquisitions that have been cataloged within the last four weeks, see the New in Portal feature in the Thomas Jefferson Portal. For more information about our collections, see our Collections page.
Thomas Jefferson and the Monticello Plantation
- Yeck, Joanne L. The Jefferson Brothers. Slate River Press, 2012.
- Franklin, Esther. Thomas Jefferson: Inquiry History for Daring Delvers. Xlibris, 2012.
- Boody, Peter. Thomas Jefferson, Rachel & Me: A Novel. Bartleby, Scrivener & Co., 2012.
- Spahn, Hannah. Thomas Jefferson, Time, and History. University of Virginia Press, 2011.
- Hatch, Peter J. "A Rich Spot of Earth": Thomas Jefferson's Revolutionary Garden at Monticello. Yale University Press, 2012.
- Tsesis, Alexander. For Liberty and Equality: The Life and Times of the Declaration of Independence. Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Kierner, Cynthia. Martha Jefferson Randolph, Daughter of Monticello: Her Life and Times. University of North Carolina Press, 2012.
- Harris, Matthew L. and Jay H. Buckley. Zebulon Pike, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West. University of Oklahoma Press, 2012.
Jefferson's World and Legacy/Miscellaneous
- Kennedy, V. Lynn. Born Southern: Childbirth, Motherhood, and Social Networks in the Old South. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2010.
- Lewis, Andrew J. A Democracy of Facts: Natural History in the Early Republic. University of Pennsylvania Press, 2011.
- Mukunda, Gautam. Indispensable: When Leaders Really Matter. Harvard Business Review Press, 2012.
- Bellion, Wendy. Citizen Spectators: Art, Illusion, and Visual Perception in Early National America. University of North Carolina Press/Omohundro Institute, 2011.
- Leahy, Richard G. Beyond Jefferson's Vines: The Evolution of Quality Wine in Virginia. Sterling Epicure, 2012.
- Hardison, Brian Davon. Burriana: a catalogue of rare books, pamphlets, letters, manuscripts, documents, & objects by, about, or relating to Aaron Burr and his contemporaries, from the collection of Brian Davon Hardison. Grolier Club, 2012.
- Lewis, Catherine M. and J. Richard Lewis. Women and Slavery in America: A Documentary History. University of Arkansas Press, 2011.
- Merry, Robert W. Where They Stand: The American Presidents in the Eyes of Voters and Historians. Simon & Schuster, 2012.
- Nester, William R. The Hamiltonian Vision, 1789-1800: The Art of American Power During the Early Republic. Potomac, 2012.
- Felcone, Joseph J. Printing in New Jersey, 1754-1800: a Descriptive Bibliography. American Antiquarian Society, 2012.
- Black, Jeremy. Debating Foreign Policy in Eighteenth-Century Britain. Ashgate, 2011.