Policies and Guidelines for Visiting Monticello on July 4
CELEBRATE JULY 4TH AT MONTICELLO
Enjoy patriotic music and experience the thrill of Independence Day on the historic West Lawn of Monticello.
Policies and Guidelines for Visiting Monticello on July 4th
Thank you for planning to spend Independence Day with us at Monticello. Your safety is our top priority.
All personal belongings are subject to security inspection before boarding Monticello shuttle buses. Monticello appreciates your patience and understanding of these procedures and the additional time that may be required.
Monticello will not allow visitors to bring bags to the property on July 4 including: backpacks of any size, shopping bags or duffel bags of any kind. Monticello reserves the right to refuse other items and is not responsible for items left in vehicles.
It is recommended that you allow ample time for security screening, boarding the shuttle bus, travel to the mountaintop, and to find seating. Entertainment and free beverages will be provided on the West Lawn.
- ALL weapons, including firearms, knives (including pocket knives and pen knives), mace (or pepper spray), any dangerous items, and any "dual-use" items that could be dangerous are strictly prohibited.
- Scissors, sharp instruments, and tools are prohibited.
- Monticello will not allow visitors to bring in bags, including backpacks of any size, shopping bags or duffel bags of any kind.
- Do not carry any of these types of items into the security screening area. If you are unsure about an item, please do not bring it.
- LARGE packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other large parcels will not be permitted.
- Coolers, lawn furniture, animals, fireworks or firecrackers, tobacco products are prohibited.
- Carpooling to the event is recommended.
- Dress comfortably for heat and sun.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes in advance of your shuttle boarding time to allow time for parking and security screening.
- Water in plastic bottles may be brought onto the grounds
- Flash photography and video cameras are allowed outside of Monticello for personal use only.
- Strollers are allowed.
- Wheelchairs are available upon request
- Monticello Day Pass tickets may be purchased online or onsite for house tours on July 4th
To Report a Lost Person:
- Contact a Monticello employee or volunteer. All lost persons will be taken to the Monticello Mountaintop Museum Shop.
Thank you for your cooperation - safety is everyone's responsibility. If you SEE something—SAY something to a Monticello employee.