Poplar Forest Admission Discount Rules of Use
This special invitation exclusively for Monticello guests is provided by Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest, Thomas Jefferson’s retreat in Forest, Virginia. It is available to purchasers of admission tickets to Monticello. It is designed to introduce those interested in Thomas Jefferson to the personal retreat he created on his plantation in Bedford County.
- The 50% off coupon expires December 15, 2013.
- One coupon is provided to each purchaser of Monticello tickets, but at the purchaser’s request one coupon may be available for each adult in the purchaser’s party.
- One coupon is good for admission for up to four adults in the traveler’s party.
- No duplicates or facsimiles are permitted.
- The coupon cannot be combined with other discount offers.
- The coupon is not valid on special program dates—that is, days when events are happening on the grounds for which an event-specific entrance fee is charged (e.g. Thomas Jefferson Wine Festival, the Independence Day Celebration)
- The coupon provides entrance for touring the historic buildings and grounds, but does not provide admission to special events that may be occurring for which a special admission fee is charged (e.g. the annual Conversations with Thomas Jefferson) or for events taking place after normal touring hours.
- The coupon applies to admission for tours during regular touring dates and hours as posted on Poplar Forest’s website (www.poplarforest.org) . Any changes or any temporary variations (e.g., unusual weather or property-access conditions) will be announced on the website.
- The coupon provides a discount for admission to the property and to any activities that are normally considered included with regular admission, but does not provide a discount toward merchandise in Poplar Forest’s Museum Shop.
- For further information during visiting hours travelers may call Poplar Forest’s Museum Shop (434 534-8120), or during weekday business hours they may call the main telephone number (434 525-1806).