You are here
Sunday, June 4, 2017 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
Relive the turbulent days of the American Revolution when war came to Virginia and British soldiers captured the mountaintop. Witness Jack Jouett’s legendary ride to warn Thomas Jefferson of approaching British soldiers, Jefferson’s narrow escape from capture and the British raid on Monticello.
- Program and schedule for the 2017 British Invasion at Monticello
- Guest blog post on attending the 2016 British Invasion, 1781 event
Watch as Virginia militia, British Dragoons and Redcoats bring the Revolutionary War to life. Visit soldier encampments, meet re-enactors and learn more about this crucial period in American history. Guests are invited to participate in a variety of family-friendly activities throughout the weekend including musket, rifle and cannon demonstrations, kids’ military muster and more!
- British Invasion Reenactments on Saturday at 11am & 4pm, and on Sun at 11am & 2pm.
- Visit the camps of British and American forces
- Learn about the day-to-day lives of soldiers and the women and children who supported them
- Enjoy family-friendly activities including quill pen writing, colonial games and activities at the Mountaintop Activity Center