Col. David Meriwether (b. 1690, died December 25, 1744)
The second-born son of Nicholas II, David, married Ann Holmes (1695 - March 11, 1736) of King & Queen County. He was a major in the New Kent County militia. He is buried near his father on the Rivanna River and his will was probated in Louisa County. He and his wife had eight children:
- Thomas Meriwether (1714/15 - 1756) married Elizabeth Thornton in 1735. They are the parents of Lucy Meriwether Lewis Marks.
- David “Sailor David” (b. October 5, 1716) married Mary Weaver of England and they returned there to live. He sailed a merchant vessel between England and America.
- Francis (b. abt. 1726) married Mary Lewis of Spotsylvania County and moved to South Carolina.
- Nicholas (December 11, 1719 - May 3, 1758) married Frances Morton or Mary Pryor.
- Ann (b. November 11, 1721) married Thomas Ballard Smith.
- Sarah died in infancy.
- James (b. June 1, 1729) married 1) Hardenia Burnly and 2) Elizabeth Pollard.
- William (December 25, 1730 - December 24, 1790) married Martha C. Wood of Louisa County.
Patricia Zontine, April 2009