p. shed

Storage for joiner's work
by 1796–by 1830

Building p, detail of Jefferson’s Mutual Assurance plat, 1796.This 25 x 12.5-foot wooden shed with a “floor of brick” was “used as a store house for joiner’s work.”  Joists or planks were likely stored or dried in this “small wooden Building without a Chimney” before being transported to the joiner’s shop on Mulberry Row.  The building was probably constructed by 1796, and likely demolished by 1830.

Tags

None
Login or register to tag items

Add comment

Login to post comments