George Granger, Jr
George Granger Jr. ran Monticello’s blacksmith’s shop from 1783 until his death in 1799. He also managed the nailery from 1794 and was given a small percentage of its profits. In addition to shoeing horses, he made and repaired tools and made parts for guns and vehicles. His younger brother Isaac started his working life in the nailery and became a blacksmith also.