Dates and Times for 2022 Coming this Fall
Join us for the rare opportunity to experience Monticello after dark, decorated with the style of holiday greenery found during Jefferson’s era. This tour offers an intimate look at how all people who lived on the Monticello mountaintop – enslaved and free – celebrated the holidays in Jefferson's time. Journey through public and private rooms including Monticello’s iconic Dome Room.
- Tours last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.
- Reservations are required for this tour, and must be made at least 48-hours in advance. Reserve online or call: 434.984.9880.
- Please note: This tour is not accessible and involves climbing steep stairs. Children must be able to climb and descend stairs unassisted by an adult. These tours are recommended for adults and children 7 and older.
- Guests meet their tour guide at Monticello's David M. Rubenstein Visitor Center.
- Late Arrivals: As these tours begin and/or end outside of our normal hours of operation, guests arriving late may receive an abbreviated tour.
- Please leave dogs (except for certified service animals) at home for this evening program.