Evening Signature Tour and Day Pass
Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of Monticello at the end of the day on this exclusive evening tour. Come early, if you wish, and enjoy guided tours of Monticello’s gardens and Mulberry Row, where many of Monticello’s enslaved men and women lived and worked. And then browse the exhibition galleries and Museum Shop on your own before your guided house tour which includes the third-floor Dome Room. After the tour, enjoy spectacular views of the setting sun from the mountaintop!
Included in the Evening Signature Day Pass
- Extended, after-hours House Tour
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tours (April-October and weekends in February)
- Guided Gardens and Grounds Tours (April-October)
- Summertime Archaeology Walks to Sites 6 and 8 (Monday-Friday, June 4-July 12)
State of the Art Visitor Center
- Free Parking
- 4 Exhibitions
- 15-minute film Thomas Jefferson's World
- Griffin Discovery Room
- Monticello Museum Shop
- Shopping and café
- Crossroads exhibition in lower level of the main house
- Seasonal Mountaintop Activity Center
- African American Graveyard
- 50% off regular admission to Thomas Jefferson’s retreat, Poplar Forest, near Lynchburg, VA
Guidelines for Signature Tours
Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
Please remember that because Signature Tours include the third floor of Monticello, they are not handicapped-accessible and are not recommended for children under 12 or individuals who may have difficultly climbing flights of stairs.
Also, for safety reasons, women should not wear high heels.
Please come prepared for inclement weather. While most of the tour is indoors, there is an outdoor component and there are no rain dates for the Signature Tours.
Reservations and tickets are valid only on the date specified. There will be no refunds unless the tour is canceled by the Thomas Jefferson Foundation.