You are here
Online Discount*Mar - Oct
These special guided 40-minute tours of Thomas Jefferson's house are designed especially for families with children ages 5 to 11. Featuring hands-on opportunities, these tours provide a glimpse of life at Monticello and highlight Jefferson’s accomplishments and wide-ranging interests.
Included in the Family Friendly Day Pass:
- Guided Tour of Monticello
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tours (offered daily)
- Guided Gardens and Grounds Tours (mid-March—October)
- Summer Archaeology Walking Tours - Monday-Friday, May 29-July 13 (except June 22 & 29 and July 4)
State of the Art Visitor Center
- Free Parking
- Self-guided Exhibitions
- 15-minute film Thomas Jefferson's World
- Griffin Discovery Room
- Monticello Museum Shop
- Shopping and café
- Crossroads exhibition in lower level of the main house
- Seasonal Mountaintop Activity Center
- African American Graveyard
*Online discount is not available over the phone or on site in our ticket office.
We went on a family tour with 7 grandchildren ages 8-16. Everyone of them enjoyed the interaction with the docent. She engaged the kids, kept their interest with interesting details, asked them questions, and gave them a chance to really look around and imagine themselves in the situation of the time. It was an excellsnt tour. I can't remember her name but would like to thank her again for a wonderfulk educational experience for all. We visited on the afternoon of July 27, 2011. Thanks again to Monticello.