Jefferson labeled this building as “o. a servant’s house 20 ½ f. by 12 f. of wood, with a wooden chimney, & earth floor” in the 1796 Mutual Assurance Plat.

Built during the early 1770s to serve as a dwelling for multiple enslaved families or individuals on Mulberry Row. At some point in the late 1780s or early 1790s, this structure was replaced with another log building that Jefferson defined as “a servant’s house.” Although the identities of those who lived here is not known, archaeological evidence suggests that the dwelling was inhabited by a single family or kinship group until its demolition around 1801.