This new 45-minute guided experience includes first floor spaces in Thomas Jefferson’s home, the West Lawn, and the South Wing. You’ll learn about Jefferson and his vision for America, the realities of slavery on the Monticello plantation, and the mountaintop’s iconic architecture. This popular pass includes access to our gardens, grounds, walking tours, family-friendly activities, and exhibits.
The Highlights Tour can sell out quickly; book your tickets online, in advance!
Beginning on May 29, guests are strongly encouraged but no longer required to wear facial coverings at Monticello. Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about our efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.
What's included in the Highlights Tour:
Programs and Exhibitions
- Guided tour of first floor spaces of Thomas Jefferson’s home and areas on the West Lawn and South Wing
- Meet Thomas Jefferson (most Tuesdays-Saturdays)
- Guided Gardens & Grounds Tour
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tour
- Mountaintop Activity Center
- Slavery at Monticello Mobile Guide
- Mobile Scavenger Hunt for Families
- Exhibits at the Visitor Center
- Thomas Jefferson’s World Introductory Film
- Free Parking
- The Shops at Monticello and Monticello Farm Table
- Free Wifi at the visitor center and around the mountaintop
- Burial Ground for Enslaved People at Monticello
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Visit
- Bring a well-charged smart phone with QR Code Reader to access additional content and activities as you explore the house and grounds.
- Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.