Heritage Harvest Festival Grand Preview Dinner and Festival VIP Pass
Enjoy an exclusive VIP experience that includes all that this year’s Heritage Harvest Festival has to offer. Learn from special guests Steve Bender and Dr. Cary Fowler about the development of the uniquely American garden, discovering more about how modern farmers can contribute to and preserve genetic diversity in our plant varieties. Relish the fresh flavors of the Virginia harvest season with two meals that spotlight the best of local gardens and farms.
The Festival VIP pass includes:
- Grand Preview Dinner with Steve Bender and Dr. Cary Fowler
- General Admission to the Festival
- Preferred Parking at the Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center
- Harvest Picnic at the Garden Terrace Tent
Friday, September 6 - 6:30pm - 9pm
- The grand preview dinner with Steve Bender and Dr. Cary Fowler
Jefferson wrote, “The greatest service which can be rendered to any country is to add a useful plan to it's culture.” The Heritage Harvest Festival keynotes couldn’t agree more. Join Southern Living senior writer and gardening expert Steve Bender and “the world’s seed banker” Dr. Cary Fowler for the Grand Preview of the Heritage Harvest Festival. Discover how plant varieties were introduced from Africa and Europe, influencing the uniquely American garden.
The evening will focus on the importance of genetic diversity starting from your backyard to the global scale. Steve Bender will start the evening discussion on how gardeners can contribute to genetic diversity. Dr. Cary Fowler, profiled in the New Yorker for his pioneering work at the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, will discuss the global implications of preserving diversity.
- A field-to-fork dinner following the Grand Preview featuring the bounties from local gardens and farms! Seasonal menu available in late summer.
Saturday, September 7 - 9am - 6:30pm
- General admission to the Heritage Harvest Festival
- Preferred parking at the Thomas Jefferson Visitor Center
- Harvest Picnic at the Garden Terrace Tent catered by A Pimento
- Please note that Friday and Saturday premium workshops require additional registration.
*$40 of your individual (or $75 of your couple) VIP pass represents a tax-deductible gift to Monticello.