Holiday Evening Tours
These small-group house tours, which include the Dome Room, offer visitors an intimate look at how the holidays were celebrated in Jefferson's time, plus the rare opportunity to experience Monticello after dark. Tours begin at 5:30 p.m., 5:45 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on each date. $45; reserved tickets are required.
See more Holiday Events at Monticello »
Please note: Holiday Evening Tours are not recommended for children under age 6. Portions of this tour are not handicapped-accessible.
Please arrive at Monticello at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. This will enable you to park, receive your tickets, and ride the shuttle bus to the mountaintop.
Reservations and tickets are valid only on the date specified. There will be no refunds unless the tour is canceled by the Thomas Jefferson Foundation.
- Bags and Backpacks. No bags or backpacks exceeding 11" by 15" by 4" are allowed beyond the Shuttle Station.
- In the House. Eating, drinking, chewing gum, and using tobacco products are prohibited in the house. Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off. Still photography, filming, and video recording are prohibited. Visitors are urged not to touch or lean on walls or furnishings.
- On the Grounds. The West Lawn is open to visitors. Otherwise, visitors are asked to keep to the designated paths and trails while on the grounds.
- Photography. Still photography, filming, and video recording for personal use are permitted on the grounds of Monticello. No photography of any kind is allowed inside the house.
- Pets. Pets are allowed on the grounds if leashed. Pets (excluding certified service dogs) are not allowed in any buildings or on the shuttle buses. Visitors bringing pets are required to clean up after them.
- Smoking. Monticello is a smoke-free site.
- Visiting with Kids. Parents with toddlers are encouraged to use small strollers when touring the house. Parents of active or restless young children may be asked to take turns touring the house, as a courtesy to other visitors.