Mulberry Row was the dynamic, industrial hub of Jefferson’s 5,000-acre agricultural enterprise.  As the principal plantation street, it was the center of work and domestic life for dozens of people — free whites, free blacks, indentured servants, and enslaved people.  It was populated by more than 20 dwellings, workshops, and storehouses between 1770 and the sale of Monticello in 1831.

Participate

Login or register to participate in our online community.