Glenmore was an estate in Albemarle County, Virginia, located on the Rivanna River, opposite the community of Milton and near Thomas Jefferson's birthplace at Shadwell.
In 1805, the Glenmore estate was sold to Jane Cary Randolph, Thomas Mann Randolph's sister. Louis H. Girardin (1771-1825) purchased the property in 1813. During his tenancy, Girardin wrote a continuation of John Daly Burk's History of Virginia, while using Jefferson's library and drawing on Jefferson's suggestions.
Beginning in 1817, Glenmore was owned by Dr. Thomas G. Watkins, a Tennessee physician who settled in Albemarle County and treated Jefferson during his retirement years.
Today, Glenmore is a gated community and country club.