You are here
This new tour is a one-hour, in-depth exploration of Thomas Jefferson’s vegetable garden combined with a tasting to include seasonal vegetables, fruits, and edible products from the garden.
The Garden Tasting Tour requires the purchase of a regular Monticello Day Pass for each guest.
Scheduling a House and Garden Tasting Tour
To ensure that there is no overlap between tours, please do not schedule a House Tour less than 1 hour and 10 minutes before or after your Garden Tasting Tour. There are two Garden Tasting Tours per day at 10:30am and 12:30pm. Tours of the House run frequently throughout the day.
Included in the Garden Tasting Tour:
- Tours of the Monticello Vegetable Garden
- Tasting seasonal vegetables, fruits, and edible products from the garden
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tours (mid-March—October)
- Guided Gardens and Grounds Tours (mid-March—October)
State of the Art Visitor Center
- Free Parking
- 4 Exhibitions
- 15-minute film Thomas Jefferson's World
- Griffin Discovery Room
- Monticello Museum Shop
- Free Wifi at the Visitor Center and around the mountaintop
- Shopping and café
- Crossroads exhibition in lower level of the main house
- Seasonal Mountaintop Activity Center
- African American Graveyard