Kenwood features an elegant parlor complete with original artwork and furnishings. The home is well appointed with a full kitchen and butler's pantry to accommodate catering and service needs. Your guests will also enjoy access to the stone terrace, located just off the dining room, which overlooks the rolling hills of Virginia's Piedmont.
Faithfully restored to accommodate the Robert H. Smith International Center for Jefferson Studies at Monticello, Kenwood is ideal for small gatherings and meetings. Situated on 78.5 acres of land once owned by Jefferson, the main Kenwood house was built between 1939 and 1941 for Major General Edwin M. Watson, a senior military aid to President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Roosevelt adopted Kenwood as his Camp David during his presidency and retreated here on several occasions.
The Kenwood Dining Room, adjacent to the Kenwood Parlor, is the an ideal choice for an intimate dinner or cocktail hour before dinner in the Kenwood Parlor.
The Kenwood Garden is ideal for intimate outdoor garden parties for up to 60 people. The gazebo and adjacent courtyard and lawn are perfect for a sunset reception or cocktail hour before dinner inside the Kenwood Parlor.