The ICJS is located one quarter mile past Monticello on Kenwood Estate (which was built on land once owned by Jefferson) and about five miles from the center of Charlottesville and the University of Virginia.
The facilities at Kenwood include:
- Work spaces for visiting fellows
- A forum for visiting fellows to present their research for comment
- High-speed wireless internet
- Proximity to the foremost scholars on Jefferson and Monticello
- Four residences for visiting fellows
- The Jefferson Library, a 15,000-square-foot technologically sophisticated library that houses Monticello's unique research collection.
Map of the ICJS Campus