Drury Wood (d.1841) was a businessman and landowner in Albemarle County.1 His home, Park Hill, was just north of Charlottesville, near Stony Point. Wood was one of the initial subscribers to the Central College (which would later become the University of Virginia), pledging $100 to fund the new institution.2 Although no correspondence between Wood and Thomas Jefferson survives, there are a number of references in Jefferson's accounts to purchases of food staples from Wood.
Primary Source References
1798 August 6. "Pd. Page for Drury Wood for 8 barr. corn 24.D."3
1810 August 6. "Pd...Drury Wood for 100. bush. oats 50..."4