Guide to Your Library Account
From any computer with Internet access, you can:
- Update your contact information
- See what you have checked out their due dates
- Renew items
To log into your patron account:
- Go to http://tjportal.worldcat.org.
- Click on Sign In next to My Library Account in the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be taken to a login screen. If this is the first time you have used the new TJ Portal, click "set/reset password," and you will be sent an email. Click on the link provided in the email to set up a password for the new TJ Portal. (Note: in the old TJ Portal, your login was your last name and your password was your patron barcode. In the new system, your login will be your patron barcode, and your password is of your choosing.)
- Type in your patron bar code (this number is located on the back of your library card) the password which you have chosen.
- Click Sign In.
- You will be taken back to the catalog screen. To view your account, click on My Library Account in the upper right corner.
- Once you are into your account, you can update your contact information, change your password, and view your checkouts and renew items.
In addition to your local Jefferson Library account, you also have the option of creating a WorldCat account. Having a WorldCat account will allow you to create your own lists of library items, use tags, write reviews, and save searches. For more information on creating and using WorldCat accounts, see WorldCat's Help section.