Guide to Your Library Account
From any computer with Internet access, you can:
- See what you have checked out
- Find the due date of each item
- Renew items online
To log into your patron account:
- Go to http://tjportal.monticello.org.
- Click on My Portal at the top of the screen.
- Type in your patron bar code (this number is located on the back of your library card)
- Type in your last name (remember that this is case-sensitive - e.g. type Jones, not jones)
- Click Login
You should now see a page listing your personal information, any blocks on your account, a list of items checked out, a list of requests you have submitted, and any fines or fees that you owe.
To renew items:
- Click the check-box just to the left of each item you wish to renew. Note: if there is no check-box, then you have reached the renewal limit or your account has been blocked. Email the research librarian for assistance, or call (434) 984-7543.
- Once you have selected all the items you wish to renew, click Renew Items at the bottom of the list.
- If the items have renewed, you should see the new due date to the right of each item. If an item cannot be renewed, you will see a message to that effect next to the item. Contact the research librarian for further assistance (see #1 above).
For more information, go to the Patron Help Page