House or Tavern Name
(Approximate distance to Locust Hill)
(Information about the house)


(21 miles)
(c. 1764 H-plan hunting lodge, 1818 – a two-story log house, 1832 a one-story frame H addition)
See house on map.

Part of the original Nicholas Meriwether (Lucy’s great-grandfather’s) grant of 1735, which passed to Dr. Thomas Walker when he married the widow of Nicholas’ son, Mildred Thornton Meriwether, Lucy’s Aunt in 1741 (see Castle Hill).
Dr. Mann Page (d. 1850) Lucy’s first cousin. Magistrate, 1824.
Wife Jane Frances Walker m. 1814
11 Children
1830 Tax Record – 30 slaves

Eileen B. Malone-Brown