The Saunders-Monticello Trail is one of the most popular trails in Charlottesville and is open to the public free of charge. We rely on private donations to maintain the trail for nearly 140,000 annual walkers, runners, cyclists and birdwatchers. By making a gift today, you can help sustain this local treasure!
Your generosity will enable us to:
- Maintain the trails on a year-round basis so they are enjoyable and safe.
- Provide the services of two full-time employees and two part-time trail rangers.
- Preserve the Arboretum, with its 130+ species of native trees and shrubs.
- Take care of the pond, with its wetland trees, grasses and water-loving birds, such as herons, Canada geese and ducks.
- Provide trail maps and other information to trail users.
Friends receive invitations to events such as the Sunset Hike.
If you have any questions related to your Friends of the Trail donation, please call 434-984-9820.
Thank you again for your support of Monticello’s Trail and its surrounding 370-acre park—a valued community resource enjoyed by all!