The Trail Hours are as follows:
- Fall: Sept 16-Dec 20 – 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Winter: Dec 21-Mar 10 – 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Spring: March 11-April 31 – 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Summer: May 1 – Sept 15 – 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Trail and park users are asked to respect the following rules:
- The Saunders-Monticello Trail and Kemper Park are open all year, except Christmas.
- Restroom and drink facilities are available at the David M. Rubenstein visitor center.
- Please stay to the right on trails.
- Bicycles must observe a 10 mph speed limit and yield to pedestrians at all times.
- Cyclists should pass pedestrians on the left and proceed with caution.
- Boardwalk sections of trail will be closed to bicycles in wet conditions.
- Leashed dogs are welcome on all trails—except on boardwalk portions of the Saunders-Monticello Trail.
- Please heed the no parking signs along Rt. 53.
NOTE: Trail users are responsible for monitoring weather conditions and should leave the Parkway as quickly as possible in case of storms. In severe weather, there is a risk of lightning strikes and of falling branches and trees.