The top portion of trail before the bridge to the visitor center will be closed until further notice due to tree damage. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
The Trail Hours are as follows:
- Fall: Sept 16-Dec 20 – 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Winter: Dec 21-Mar 10 – 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Spring: March 11-April 31 – 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Summer: May 1 – Sept 15 – 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Trail and park users are asked to respect the following rules:
- The Saunders-Monticello Trail and Kemper Park are open all year, except Christmas.
- Restroom and drink facilities are available at the David M. Rubenstein visitor center.
- Please stay to the right on trails.
- Bicycles must observe a 10 mph speed limit and yield to pedestrians at all times.
- Cyclists should pass pedestrians on the left and proceed with caution.
- Boardwalk sections of trail will be closed to bicycles in wet conditions.
- Leashed dogs are welcome on all trails—except on boardwalk portions of the Saunders-Monticello Trail.
- Please heed the no parking signs along Rt. 53.
NOTE: Trail users are responsible for monitoring weather conditions and should leave the Parkway as quickly as possible in case of storms. In severe weather, there is a risk of lightning strikes and of falling branches and trees.