July 4th at Monticello - Event Details
Admission is FREE
Monticello’s West Lawn
Event Date and Time
Friday, July 4, 2014, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
The 52nd Annual Independence Day Celebration and Naturalization Ceremony starts at 9 am and will be followed by a Jeffersonian Open House featuring:
- Free Walk-Through Tours of the House until Noon
- Patriotic Music
- Ice Cream Festival
- Hoop Rolling and Children’s Activities
The event will end at 12 pm.
Parking and Shuttle Information
*NOTE: Parking for this year's ceremony will be at PVCC with shuttle service to Monticello. We encourage you to be ON A SHUTTLE BY 8:30 am to get to the ceremony on time! Return shuttles from Monticello to PVCC will be available continuously until 3pm.
- Parking is available at Piedmont Virginia Community College located at 501 College Drive
- Shuttle service will be provided to Monticello, starting at 7:30 am - arrive early to allow time for shuttle service!
- We encourage you to be on a shuttle by 8:30 am; patriotic music will be played before the ceremony
Ceremony Live Stream
- ALL weapons, including firearms, knives (including pocket knives and pen knives), mace (or pepper spray), any dangerous items, and any "dual-use" items that could be dangerous are strictly prohibited.
- Scissors, sharp instruments, and tools are prohibited.
- Monticello will not allow visitors to bring in bags, including backpacks of any size, shopping bags or duffel bags of any kind.
- Do not carry any of these types of items into the security screening area. If you are unsure about an item, please do not bring it.
- LARGE packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other large parcels will not be permitted.
- Coolers, lawn furniture, animals, fireworks or firecrackers, tobacco products are prohibited.
All attendees and their belongings are subject to search, and the Thomas Jefferson Foundation retains the right to restrict any other items regardless of their inclusion on or exclusion from this list.