Check out our podcasts on Jefferson's interest in horticulture and Monticello's gardens and grounds, including our newest series, A Rich Spot of Earth.
Enjoy Monticello’s Gardens and Grounds at your own pace. Guests can tour the mountaintop and newly restored South Wing, Mulberry Row, and exhibit spaces under the house. They can also take advantage of the seasonal Garden Tour, daily Slavery at Monticello Tour, and get a picture of the iconic west view.
Note: While this pass provides access to the All-Weather Passage and Main House Cellars, it does not provide admittance to the first, second, or third floor of Thomas Jefferson’s home.
|Children 12 - 18||
Free (ticket required)
Guests are strongly encouraged but no longer required to wear facial coverings at Monticello.
Monticello was a botanic laboratory of ornamental and useful plants from around the world.
Check out the upcoming Open Houses and Plant Sales at our Thomas Jefferson Center for Historic Plants
See what's going on in Monticello's gardens and learn about some the fascinating -- and sometimes exotic -- plants Jefferson grew.
A searchable database of the trees, woody shrubs, and perennial plants at Monticello.
What's included in the Gardens and Grounds Pass:
Programs and Exhibitions
- Meet Thomas Jefferson (most Tuesdays-Saturdays)
- Guided Gardens & Grounds Tour
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tour
- Mountaintop Activity Center
- Mobile Scavenger Hunt for Families
- Exhibits at the Visitor Center
- Thomas Jefferson’s World Introductory Film
- Free Parking
- The Shops at Monticello and Monticello Farm Table
- Free Wifi at the Visitor Center and around the mountaintop
- Burial Ground for Enslaved People at Monticello
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Visit
- Bring a well-charged smart phone with QR Code Reader to access additional content and activities as you explore the house and grounds.
- Consider purchasing Monticello’s Official Guidebook online or at the shop to serve as your companion during your visit.
- Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.