Enjoy Monticello’s Gardens and Grounds at your own pace. Guests can tour the mountaintop and take advantage of the outdoor stations, the newly restored South Wing, Mulberry Row, the Vegetable and Flower Gardens, tour the All-Weather Passage, and get a picture of the iconic west view.
*While this pass provides access to the All-Weather Passage and Main House Cellars, it does not provide admittance to the first, second, or third floor of Thomas Jefferson’s home.
|Children 12 - 18||
Free (ticket required)
Beginning May 28, fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear facial coverings when outdoors at Monticello. All guests age 5 and up must continue to wear a face covering when indoors, and when on shuttle buses.
What's included in the Gardens and Grounds Pass:
Programs and Exhibitions
- Meet Thomas Jefferson (most Tuesdays-Saturdays)
- Guided Gardens & Grounds Tour
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tour
- Mobile Scavenger Hunt for Families
- Exhibits at the Visitor Center
- Thomas Jefferson’s World Introductory Film
- Free Parking
- The Shops at Monticello and Monticello Farm Table
- Free Wifi at the Visitor Center and around the mountaintop
- Burial Ground for Enslaved People at Monticello
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Visit
- Bring a well-charged smart phone with QR Code Reader to access additional content and activities as you explore the house and grounds.
- Consider purchasing Monticello’s Official Guidebook online or at the shop to serve as your companion during your visit.
- Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.
- Only clear, plastic bags (12”x6”x12”) are allowed for carrying personal items.