This guide directs to information on Thomas Jefferson's collections of books and maps, as well as his dedication to education and reading.
- When viewing an individual title, click "View Description" to see more.
- Bookcase for Petit-Format Books
- Children’s Reading
- Don Quixote
- Sale of Books to the Library of Congress (1815)
- Skipwith Book List
- Fry-Jefferson Map of Virginia
- Books and education (correspondence written by Thomas Jefferson)
- Maps (correspondence written by Thomas Jefferson)
Use this database to search for Jefferson’s books by author, title, or keyword. All books are also “tagged” with the topic terms by which he classified his books. Notations include where, when, and from whom he acquired his books. For some titles there are also notes on authors and publishers as well as TJ quotations about the books.