Learn about Thomas Jefferson, the ideas of freedom, and the realities of slavery that made the United States. This popular pass includes a time-entry, self-guided house tour, and access to our gardens, grounds, walking tours, outdoor stations, and exhibits.
Tours often sell out. Purchase your tickets online, in advance. A Gardens and Grounds Pass is available on busier days.
Beginning on May 29, guests are strongly encouraged but no longer required to wear facial coverings at Monticello. See our Visiting FAQs to learn more about our efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.
|Children 12 - 18||
Free (ticket required)
What's included in the Monticello Self-Guided Pass:
Programs and Exhibitions
- Self-guided, timed-entry tours of first floor of Thomas Jefferson’s home.
- Meet Thomas Jefferson (most Tuesdays-Saturdays)
- Guided Gardens & Grounds Tour
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tour
- Slavery at Monticello Mobile Guide
- Mountaintop Activity Center
- Griffin Discovery Room
- Mobile Scavenger Hunt for Families
- Exhibits at the visitor center
- Thomas Jefferson’s World Introductory Film
- Free Parking
- The Shops at Monticello and Monticello Farm Table
- Free Wifi at the visitor center and around the mountaintop
- Burial Ground for Enslaved People at Monticello
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Visit
- Bring a well-charged smart phone with QR Code Reader to access additional content and activities as you explore the house and grounds.
- Consider purchasing Monticello’s Official Guidebook online or at the shop to serve as your companion during your visit.
- Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.