|Children 12 - 18||
Free (ticket required)
Learn about Thomas Jefferson’s life and contributions, the ideas of freedom, and the realities of slavery that made the United States. This popular pass allows you to explore the first floor of the house at your own pace and provides a timed entry, access to our gardens, walking tours, exhibits, and more.
Tours often sell out. Purchase your tickets in advance online for entry at desired time. A Gardens and Grounds Pass is also available on busier days.
Guests should plan to arrive at the visitor center 30 minutes prior to their tour start time to allow time to pass through a security screening and travel from the visitor center to the mountaintop.
Guests are strongly encouraged but no longer required to wear facial coverings at Monticello.
What's included in the Monticello Self-Guided Pass:
Programs and Exhibitions
- Self-guided, timed-entry tours of first floor of Thomas Jefferson’s home
- Use the Bloomberg Connects App during your visit
- Meet Thomas Jefferson (most Tuesdays-Saturdays)
- Guided Gardens & Grounds Tour
- Guided Slavery at Monticello Tour
- Slavery at Monticello Mobile Guide
- Mountaintop Activity Center
- Griffin Discovery Room
- Mobile Scavenger Hunt for Families
- Exhibits at the visitor center
- Thomas Jefferson’s World Introductory Film
- Free Parking
- The Shops at Monticello and Monticello Farm Table
- Free Wifi at the visitor center and around the mountaintop
- Burial Ground for Enslaved People at Monticello
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Visit
- Bring a well-charged smart phone with QR Code Reader to access additional content and activities as you explore the house and grounds.
- Consider purchasing Monticello’s Official Guidebook online or at the shop to serve as your companion during your visit.
- Check out our Visiting FAQs to learn more about efforts to make your visit safe and enjoyable.