A mortared stone dwelling, this unnamed 15.5 x 20.5-foot structure was built around 1810 and likely was demolished in 1839.  Located directly across from another stone dwelling on Mulberry Row, this building probably housed slaves who worked in the main house.  It was an improvement upon the log dwellings constructed in the 1790s. Unnamed by Jefferson, archaeologists identify it as Mulberry Row Structure 1 (MRS-1).