FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - November 25, 2014
Media Contact: Mia Magruder, 434-984-7596
MONTICELLO, Charlottesville, VA—Starting Thanksgiving weekend, Monticello is hosting an array of family-friendly holiday programs including DIY activities, races and special tours.
The holiday season is a perfect time to bring visiting friends and family, and take advantage of your Local Discount. Local residents who bring their guests to Monticello can get in for FREE.
- Be the first to see Monticello decorated for the season on November 30, when Thomas Jefferson will host a FREE Holiday Open House with Thomas Jefferson made possible thanks to the generous support of CenturyLink.
- Bring your children to a My Monticello Gingerbread House Family Workshop.
- Watch artisans create specialty crafts, sample local foods, and find one-of-a-kind gifts for family and friends during our third annual Handmade for the Holidays on December 6 at The Shop at Monticello.
- Enjoy the rare opportunity to see Monticello after dark during our Holiday Evening Tours.
- Join in the fun during the Annual Monticello Holiday Classic 5K and Deck the Halls Kids Dash.
- Shop Monticello from the comfort of home! Browse more than 1,000 Jefferson-inspired gifts, fine VA food, home décor, and Monticello exclusive products at monticelloshop.org.
For more information:
About The Thomas Jefferson Foundation
The Thomas Jefferson Foundation was incorporated in 1923 to preserve Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, in Charlottesville, Virginia. Today the Foundation seeks to advance its twofold mission of preservation and education by engaging a global audience in a dialogue with Jefferson’s ideas. Monticello is now recognized as a National Historic Landmark and a United Nations World Heritage Site. As a private, nonprofit organization, the Foundation’s regular operating budget is not supported by federal or state government funding. About 450,000 people visit Monticello each year